Promoting Effective Elections in Africa: Developing a Collaborative Dialogue among Key Stakeholders
3rd July – 4th July, 2017
Since the 1990s, Africa has undergone an important wave of democratisation which has in the process ushered a culture of holding elections. However, this process was not always a homogenous process as evidenced by specific regions or countries. This workshop offers the opportunity not only to reflect on some of the key challenges and opportunities of holding elections in a vast continent like Africa, but also to explore ways of fostering the relationship between the election bodies and the media.
Desmond Tutu Conference Center.
– ACE: The Electoral Knowledge Network, Media and Elections Topic Area: http://aceproject.org/ace-en/topics/me/topic_index
– Media Assistance and Elections: Towards and Integrated Approach: http://www.idea.int/sites/default/files/publications/media-assistance-and-elections.pdf
– Election Coverage from a Gender Perspective: A Media Monitoring Manual: http://www.idea.int/sites/default/files/publications/election-coverage-from-a-gender-perspective.pdf
– Guidelines for the Development of a Social Media Code of Conduct for Elections: http://www.idea.int/sites/default/files/publications/guidelines-for-the-development-of-a-social-media-code-of-conduct-for-elections.pdf
– Social Media Guide for Electoral Management Bodies: http://www.idea.int/sites/default/files/publications/social-media-guide-for-electoral-management-bodies.pdf
– FILM – Power in our Pockets: Social Media, Money and Politics in the Digital Age: http://www.idea.int/news-media/media/power-our-pockets-social-media-money-and-politics-digital-age
– ACE: Le Réseau du savoir électoral, Médias et élections : http://aceproject.org/ace-fr/topics/me?set_language=fr
– Médias sociaux : un guide pratique à l’intention des organismes de gestion des électorale :http://www.idea.int/sites/default/files/publications/medias-sociaux-guide-pratique-pour-les-organismes-de-gestion-electorale.pdf